5 Inspirational Quotes for Nurses
Nursing is one of the most selfless and caring professions someone can undertake. To entirely dedicate your career to looking after others with compassion and kindness takes a special kind of person.
That doesn’t mean to say nurses don’t experience days which are harder than others and need a little pick-me up (If you’re looking for a way to thank a nurse who might be struggling or who goes above and beyond, visit our blog here).
For those times with challenging patients, difficult days, and those moments where you just need a little motivation, here are our top five inspiring quotes for nurses!
1. "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring; all of which have the potential to turn a life around." —Leo Buscaglia
2. "It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing." —Mother Teresa
3. "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." —Mahatma Ghandi
4. "I attribute my success to this; I never gave nor took any excuse." —Florence Nightingale
5. We will leave you with a final quote from our staff bank teams as you make a difference for patients everywhere, “May your uniform always be comfortable, your coffee always be strong, and your shifts always suit you.”
We hope these quotes inspired you and thank you for choosing the most compassionate career. If you find your shifts don’t work for you and your personal commitments, reach out to our staff bank teams to find out more about how we can support you to work flexible shifts with our partner trusts here.