Queen Alexandra Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Clinical Oncologist with major interest in Head and Neck cancer and Neuro Oncological cancers
We are seeking an enthusiastic consultant colleague to join our existing team to support increasing demand from our thriving H&N practice and Neuro Oncology practice. A different second interest such as Lymphoma radiotherapy/ Acute Oncology could be accommodated for the right candidate. Candidates are encouraged to discuss this post with the department.
The appointee will join the Oncology Team as a Clinical Oncology Consultant and will be expected to participate in all facets of departmental activity.
- Head & Neck Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy; the practice involves approximately 200 new patients annually and will be shared with the other existing H&N consultants; one existing and one new post.
- Neuro Oncology Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy; the practice involves approximately 100 new patients annually and will be shared with another Neuro oncology consultants.
A part-time appointment would have reduction in clinical responsibilities.
The post will be based at Queen Alexandra Hospital. Full participation in teaching, audit and research will be expected.
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice
- Higher professional training in Clinical Oncology
- MRCP/FRCP or equivalent
- BSc or MD
- Entry on the GMC specialist register via CCT (proposed date must be within 6 months), CESR or European Community Rights
- An appropriate higher Clinical Oncology surgical qualification
- Evidence of a clinical or research fellowship
- Demonstrable skills and experience of expertise in the areas of special interest relevant to the Job Plan
- Understanding of clinical risk management
- Able to demonstrate appropriate level of clinical knowledge
- Knowledge and use of evidence based practice
- IT skills
- Effective, confident presentation ability
- Experience in and outside speciality
- Experience of recruiting to clinical trials
- Willingness to participate in research as a Consultant
- Participation in audit
- Research Experience
- Published research in peer reviewed journal
- Evidence of leadership/management experience within outside of medicine
- Evidence of effective team working
- Formal management training/qualification
- Ability and enthusiasm for leading service improvement
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Logical thinking, problem solving and decision making
Respect and Dignity
Quality of Care
Strategic approach (clarity on objectives, clear on expectations)
Relationship building (communicate effectively, be open and willing to help, courtesy, nurtures partnerships)
Personal credibility (visibility, approachable, back bone, courage, resilience, confidence, role model, challenge bad behaviour, manage poor performance, act with honesty and integrity)
Passion to succeed (patient centred, positive attitude, take action, take pride, take responsibility, aspire for excellence)
Harness performance through teams (champion positive change, develop staff, create a culture without fear of retribution, actively listen and value contribution, feedback and empower staff , respect diversity)
Our Bank Doctors are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- A flexible working pattern to suit you
- Competitive pay rates between £113-138 PH and weekly pay
- Opportunities to work across various departments and sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- An online self-booking system and dedicated bookings team, accommodating your convenience and availability
- Electronic Time sheet submission
- Onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional Doctors Recruitment Team that will ensure you are registered and compliant to work shifts as soon as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work, sending out regular expiry updates
- Free annual Statutory Mandatory Training updates
Please apply directly to this advertisement by submitting your current CV, for further information on the roles please contact the Portsmouth Hospital Staff Bank Team on 0333 577 3316.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.