BHRUT is looking for an enthusiastic clinical oncologist to join our well established, dedicated and supportive team. You will be joining a team of 13 other consultant oncologists supported by 3 Specialty Doctors. The post holder will cover breast and gynaecological tumour sites where you will be primarily located at Queens’s Hospital, Romford, Essex.
BHRUT is one of the larger acute trusts in the country, with workforce of more than 7,500 staff who provide care for a population of around 750,000 people across northeast London (NEL). BHR operates from two main sites - King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford. We have a dedicated cancer clinical trials team and participation in clinical research trials is strongly encouraged.
- New patient numbers approx. 200-250
- Input into the Acute Oncology Service, clinic reviews and MDT meeting participation
- Outpatient chemotherapy and inpatient clinical opinions
- Clinical Oncology management of Breast Malignancy and gynaecological tumours (supported by the wider team of specialists)
- To take an active role in research and clinical trials
- Development of quality enhancement projects in the unit
- Flexibility to undertake different appropriate clinical tasks within allocated DCC sessions at the request of the clinical lead(s)
- Full and Specialist registration and a license to practice
- Holder of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) or CCT date is within six months of interview
- Understand and be competent at management of all stages of Oncology to CCST or higher
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of treatment regimens and research developments
- A real empathetic, honest team player with communication and IT skills
- Able to take responsibility, show leadership, make decisions
- Experience of teaching and training of undergraduates and junior medical staff
- Understanding the principles of clinical audit and actively involved in it
- Evidence of achievement appropriate to appointment at consultant level
Our Bank Consultants are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive pay
- Ability to self-book shifts with a weekly paying system
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills Training
How do I apply?
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply directly to this advert and you will be contacted by a member of the recruitment team shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.