University College London Hospital are looking for a Band 5 Occupational Health Flu Vaccination Nurse to work Monday - Friday varied between 7am-7pm.
The Occupational Health Service (OHS) works to promote, maintain and improve the health of the employee, to safeguard employees’ health from risk arising from their work and working environment and to promote the health of the organisation.
The Post Holder is required to undertake the following duties:
- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines to:
- Provide a comprehensive and efficient staff influenza vaccination service to all staff at UCLH.
- Assess the fitness of staff to undertake the vaccination
- Safely administer vaccination
- Have up to date evidence based knowledge of the benefits, side effects and efficacy data relating to the influenza vaccine and be able to present this information to small and large groups and on a one to one basis
- Be able to respond in an emergency i.e. anaphylaxis
- Be a ‘flu champion’
- Keep accurate data regarding the uptake of data and identify problem areas, areas of good practice etc.
- Share good practice and develop local protocols with teams to ensure good uptake amongst the divisions.
- Work closely with the occupational health team to support communications and promotion of the campaign.
- To have overall responsibility for the day to provision of the flu campaign ie ensure clinics are available to all sites, that all clinics are staffed appropriately, ensure all relevant equipment is available and be responsible for ordering stock to support the programme.
- To work in accordance with UCLH Nursing and Midwifery Strategy and Core Standards and contribute towards achieving the Trust’s “Top 10” Objectives
- To maintain effective communication
- To provide a high standard of holistic patient-centred care
- To support the Occupational Health team with other vaccination programmes/ staff induction health appointments.
What we look for in our bank nurses:
Registered Nurse, with NMC Registration
Must have a minimum of 6 months post registration experience within an acute healthcare setting/NHS in the desired role for OH
Proven experience working as a flu nurse
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically
- Designated onsite Business Partners to offer support and introduce you to various departments within University College London Hospital
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Mandatory Training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
- Supporting our Nurses through Revalidation
If you are interested in this position please apply online today and ensure you attach your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.