An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, motivated band 6 Scrub nurse to join the Operating Department at Whittington Health Trust.
As a Bank Scrub Practitioner, you are invaluable to us. You will be able to demonstrate a desire to work as part of a team, to develop skills in new and innovative procedures, and be competent in basic IT applications.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain the quality of nursing activities and achieve the prescribed standards of nursing/ODP care set for the department.
- Maintain individualised nursing/ODP care according to guidance provided by the Professional Development Department and senior nursing staff.
- Provide counselling for patients, their relatives and nursing/ODP staff as appropriate.
- Liaise with colleagues and community staff to ensure continuity of clinical practice.
- Acting as a member of the theatre team.
Whittington Health Trust operate 6 theatres including
- Trauma and Emergency
- General Surgery
- Day Surgery
There are two recovery rooms along with a treatment room or minor operations.
What we look for in our bank nurses:
- Registered Nurse, with NMC Registration
- Must have a minimum of 6 months post registration experience within an acute healthcare setting/NHS
- Proven experience working in a theatres setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Core Skills training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
To apply for this role please attach your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.