This is a really exciting time to join Whittington Health Trust’s Bank Team. The Whittington Paediatric department is going to be come the hub for the NCL STP for Paediatric Acute with patients being diverted here for treatment.
We are looking for Band 3 Children’s HCA’s to join our team and maintain the high standards of nursing care for all patients and families.
We will be offering training as a HCA in Pediatrics’ this will consist of a 1 day supernumerary shift in you will have general orientation to the ward and training of electronic systems as well as equipment.
You will then be provided with a clinical skills competency booklet to be completed within approximately 1 month. This will include education around common paediatric conditions and skills such as nasogatric competencies.
Main Duties will include:
- Carry out assigned tasks including direct patient care in support of and supervised by a Registered Nurse.
- Work as part of the ward team under the supervision of registered nurses, participating in the delivery of patient care.Be self-motivated and able to use your initiative.
- Act as an advocate for child and family at all times.
- Facilitate family centred care and provide information and support to families to enable them to continue to care for their child during a period of illness and hospitalisation.
- Treat patients and families with dignity, respect and discretion whilst maintaining their confidentiality.
- Be aware of the emotional and physical needs of children whilst in hospital and provide appropriate support in conjunction with and under the supervision of a qualified nurse.
- Be aware of and help to facilitate the needs of the families / carers.
- Ensure that the patients’ personal hygiene requirements are met. This will include washing babies and children, assisting children that are unable to get out of bed to have a wash.
- Ensure that children’s toilet’s needs are met, measuring urine and weighing nappies as required.Record children’s output on the fluid balance chart.
- Undertake record and report observations on patients including temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, oxygen saturations and Paediatric Early Warning Score.
- 6 Months NHS experience in a similar role
Our Bank Healthcare Assistants are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- Designated onsite Business Partners to offer support
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Core Skills training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
To apply for this role please complete the application box below and attach your CV
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.