Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
- Online timesheets
- Weekly pay
- Priority over agency workers
- Supportive on-site teams
- And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
We are now recruiting for Bank Health Care Support Workers with care home background.
You must have the following;
- At least two (2) working in a care home
- A valid care certification
You will be undertaking shadow shifts in the Older People Medicine's Ward prior to being signed off to work on these wards as a Bank Health Care Support Worker. Shadow shifts should be completed within 2-3 shifts.
This an exciting opportunity to further develop core skills and consolidate previous experiences gained, working at one of the largest acute hospital trusts in the country.
Our Bank Health Care Support Workers are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- A flexible working pattern to suit you
- Competitive pay rates and weekly pay
- Opportunities to work across various departments and sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- An online self-booking system and dedicated bookings team, accommodating your convenience and availability
- Electronic timesheet submission
- Onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional nursing recruitment team that will ensure you are registered and compliant to work shifts as soon as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work, sending out regular expiry updates
- We also offer core skills training
You will be working in a challenging area amongst a large multidisciplinary team with the support of senior staff delivering care to a high standard.
- At least two (2) years care home experience
- A valid care certificate or NVQ qualification in Health and Social Care
- English and mathematics qualification GCSE or Functional Skills Level-1
- Experience of working with people in a care setting
- Desire to deliver compassionate hands on care in the hospital environment
Suitable candidates will be contacted via email.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.