Great Ormond Street Hospital are seeking to recruit Registered Paediatric Nurses onto the staff bank.
This is a great opportunity based on the Fox & Robin Ward that offers on going bank shifts due to long term vacancy. IV Competent nurses would be offered a line of work for a period up to 3 months.
This ward specialises in Bone Marrow Transplant caring for patients who have undergone high dose chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant, this ward also specialises in immunology including gene therapy and thymus transplant.
The groups of patients on this ward are very susceptible to infection and can become acutely unwell quickly. They require a high volume of Intravenous drug therapies and this makes up a great deal of the nursing workload. Both wards have excellent education support and are an experienced and supportive team. The patients and families are mostly long term so building up a therapeutic relationship is really rewarding.
- NMC Registration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong initiative and commitment, with a ‘can do’ attitude to work
- A patient-centred approach to work
- A minimum of 6 months experience working within the NHS
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- We operate with an open-door policy
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Ability to self-book shifts with a weekly paying system
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills Training
How do I apply?
Please apply directly to this advertisement by attaching your CV and a member of the recruitment team will be in contact with you.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.