Are you an experienced staff nurse ready for a new challenge? Do you want to work for one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals in the UK?
At Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) every patient is special, which means every nurse who cares for them must be special too. Many of our patients are on long journeys to recovery, and so our nurses build strong relationships with them and their families. Our patients have a variety of underlying medical conditions, including learning disabilities, so we welcome nurses from diverse disciplines. We’ll build on your professional development to date with high-quality training, including high-dependency nursing skills.
Main duties of the job
· To work as a skilled member of the nursing team, to provide a high standard of holistic family centered care to the children, young people and families.
· Ability to promote family centered care and establish good relationships with children, young people and their families.
· To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
· To be able to take charge of the ward in the absence of senior nursing staff following achievement of required competence.
· To be familiar with and adopt the principles of the NHS Chief Nursing Officers vision for Compassion In Practice (NHS Commissioning Board Dec 2012).
Working for our organisation
GOSH is committed to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role; through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from bias and discrimination.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture where all staff are valued, respected and acknowledged. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability status or length of time spent unemployed.
We particularly welcome applications from BAME communities, people with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions and LGBT+ community members.
We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated fairly and consistently. We are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer, a member of Business Disability Forum and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
We have active and Executive supported BAME, LGBT+ and Allies, Disability and Long-Term Health Conditions and Women’s staff networks. Staff networks are employee-led groups formed around interests, issues and a common bond or background. Staff network members create a positive and inclusive work environment at Great Ormond Street Hospital by actively contributing to the Trust’s mission, values and efforts specific to inclusion. All of our staff networks are open to any employee.
GOSH Nursing and HCA Bank
GOSH Nursing and HCA Bank can offer you the flexibility you desire. Our jobs would bring a brilliant opportunity to anyone who is looking to top up their current salary, skills or to accommodate their personal circumstances. You’ll be reliable, dedicated and flexible, with a commitment to competent, high quality care delivery.
GOSH Nursing and HCA Bank requires you to have:
- Registration with the NMC
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Experience of working with Acutely unwell Paediatric patients
GOSH Nursing and HCA Bank can offer you:
- Flexible hours
- Priority over ALL Agency Shifts
- Free Mandatory training and annual updates
- Support from a friendly on-site team, with dedicated onsite recruitment and compliance management
- Excellent & competitive pay rates
- Paid Induction once you have completed a minimum number of shifts
- NHS pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Subsidized on-site staff massage
- On-site Nursery
- A wide range of sports and social activities
- Discounted staff Hotel for those travelling into London
- A staff counselling and advice service
- On-going professional development, access to the amazing resources in GOSH DEN and GOLD
- Culture Club
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check, free of charge to you.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.