Queen Alexandra Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Carer Support Officer band 3 to join the Portsmouth Staff Bank.
Many of our patients receive help and care at home from a family member or close friend, who without that help would not cope. These carers have told us that we don’t always value or recognise them for the contribution they make, or the skills they have to offer. They all tell us that they are not always identified when the patient is admitted to hospital and that we are also not always great at ensuring that they are cared for during the hospital stay of the person they help look after.
To help us get it right for carers we are looking for a support officer with a clinical or care background to join our team and help with the further development of our Carer Friendly Hospital initiative.
This role will include
- Developing links with clinical teams to identify carers when they come into the hospital environment and signposting and/or referring them to the appropriate community carers support team.
- The role will also be required to raise awareness amongst health staff of the needs of carers and support them to develop carers support within that area.
- Right to work in the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- Clinical back round (desirable)
Our Bank Staff are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Competitive pay rates and weekly pay
- Opportunities to work across various departments and sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- An online self-booking system and dedicated bookings team, accommodating your convenience and availability
- Electronic Timesheet submission
- Onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional AHP Recruitment Team that will ensure you are registered and compliant to work shifts as soon as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work, sending out regular expiry updates
- Free annual Statutory Mandatory Training updates
Please apply directly to this advertisement by submitting your current CV, for further information on the roles please contact the Portsmouth Hospital Staff Bank Team on 0333 577 3316.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.