Job role: Audiologist
Whipps Cross Hospital Paediatric Audiology
Wood Street Health Centre and Loxford Polyclinic
Department: Pediatric Audiology
Start date: 09/12/2021
End date: 30/03/2021
Working hours: 37.5 hours a week- 9am-5pm Mon- Fri
- A minimum of 1 year NHS experience as a Band 6 within paediatric audiology, including behavioral and electrophysiological assessment and rehabilitation.
Qualifications and knowledge
- BSc Audiology or BTEC qualification Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement & Successfully completed both parts of BAAT I and II (Or equivalent)
- Evidence of CPD
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Pediatric Audiology, and advanced Audiological test techniques.
- An awareness of national Audiology and NHS developments.
- Registered to practice as an Audiologist/Clinical Scientist with either Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP).
Job description: Whipps Cross Audiology Service provide Newborn Hearing Screening and a tertiary diagnostic and rehabilitative audiology service to children and adults for the London boroughs of Redbridge and Waltham Forest.
The post-holder must be able to:
- To perform specialist diagnostic audiological procedures, and provide a comprehensive specialist hearing aid service to children, including determining care plans for individual patients, and involving carers and families as appropriate.
- To assist with the day-to-day management for Waltham Forest and Redbridge Paediatric Audiology.
- To take an active role in areas of clinical audit, research and clinical governance for the Audiology service, which may include designing and completing audits within own field, participating in data collection for larger projects, and contributing to the development of evidence based protocols.
- To plan and prioritise elements of own workload, within the framework of service delivery priorities as defined by the Clinical Lead and Operational Service Manager, and supervise the work of other members of the team as appropriate. including junior audiologists, trainees and students.
Point Of Contact:
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.