Think you need a change or seeking a job? Kingston Hospital Trust are seeking experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join the Bank
To provide an effective and evidenced-based Speech & Language service to in-patients and out-patients with feeding / swallowing and communication difficulties. The post-holder will work as a specialist, autonomous SLT and will be responsible for independently prioritising and managing an in-patient neonatal caseload as required
As a Speech and Language Therapist you will be responsible for:
- To demonstrate the ability to manage an autonomous caseload on the acute wards.This will include the assessment, differential diagnosis, treatment and management of acquired adult swallowing and communication disorders.
- To demonstrate development of specialist knowledge in this clinical area, underpinned by current evidence based practice and outcome measures.
- To demonstrate the ability to work independently, or as part of a team, in the management of patients with communication and swallowing difficulties.
- To demonstrate highly developed auditory and perceptual skills in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- To apply knowledge to inform sound clinical judgements / decision making for case management, developing clear care plans based on best practice.
- To communicate complex condition related information from assessment to patients, carers, families and members of the multi-disciplinary team / other professions, demonstrating empathy and ensuring that effective communication is achieved.
Please don't hesitate to contact staff bank at Kingston Hospital if you wish to speak more about the role please call us on 03335773411 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in the role please apply.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.