To improve the effectiveness and value of health care delivery in the Trust through the improved exploitation of technology. This will involve:
- Managing to successful delivery the Trust-wide LIMS replacement project and implement new and improved IT clinical applications and associated services to deliver required cost reductions, service improvements and other benefits;
- Managing staff seconded to those projects to deliver on time, within budget, and to meet quality criteria using PRINCE2 project methodology and following Trust PMO and IT Programme Office procedures.
- Promoting a project management culture within the NHS community as well as advising and assisting both non-IT project teams, and the Trust generally, on technical matters where relevant
Trust Organisational Expectations
The post holder will:
- Proactively and positively contribute to the successful overall performance of the Trust.
- Deliver excellent levels of customer service to all patients/visitors and staff at the Trust.
- Develop effective ways of working and create strong partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders to support the implementation of the Government’s policies on Health.
- Develop an organisational culture that fosters collaborative working among all staff groups, to ensure a focused commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes.
- Act as an advocate for the Trust & its contribution to the Health Service arena through creating effective partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Comply with corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set out by the Trust.
- Support the Trust culture of collaborative, flexible cross-team working and commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes, which support the Government’s policies on public health
- If your employment is to a post that requires you to be registered with a professional body, the continuation of your employment is conditional upon you continuing to be registered with the appropriate professional body. The Trust will require evidence of current registration.
- In compliance with the Trust's practices and procedures associated with the control of infection, you are required to:
- Adhere to Trust Infection Control Policies assuring compliance with all defined infection control standards at all times.
- Conduct hand hygiene in accordance with Trust policy, challenging those around you that do not.
- Challenge poor practice that could lead to the transmission of infection.
- Degree in an IT, business management subject or equivalent professional qualifications
- Accredited PRINCE2 Practitioner or demonstrable qualifications with experience in project management, utilising a structured methodology
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Considerable proven track record in the effective management and delivery of large and complex projects through the whole project life cycle at a senior level.
- Considerable experience working in a NHS environment
- Experience of system or process analysis
- Able to demonstrate track record of successful project delivery especially including organisational or process change.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively engage with all levels of Trust personnel possessing differing levels of IT knowledge
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills to have views accepted by others, to engage people from a variety of backgrounds in delivering project objectives and deliverables and to gain maximum benefit for customers from external suppliers and internal IT providers.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Excellent organisational, planning and time-management skills.
- Able to set clear and appropriate priorities for self and others to meet overall goals
- Excellent team-building, management and motivation skills for managing project and operational staff with specific project roles
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant current industry standard IT products and services
- Knowledge of computerised systems and security practices
- Good awareness of data protection and information security/governance issues
- Proficient in MS Project, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Understanding of NHS clinical services and patient administrative processes
- Knowledge of issues in acute health sector
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.