Are you a specialist in musculoskeletal physiotherapy who's looking to gain invaluable experience across a range of London-based hospitals?
The Barts Trust are looking for a Band 6 specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapist to provide treatment to outpatients as part of the overall therapy provision. The post holder will be responsible for their own caseload providing thorough clinical assessment, planning treatment and appropriate discharge from the service adapting practice to suit the needs of the patient, while also providing clinical supervision and appraisal to junior staff, therapy assistants and students.
The successful applicant will be on Six Month Rotations that could include the following sites: Whipps Cross Hospital (E11 1NR), Old Wanstead Hospital (E11 1UU) and Ainslie Rehabilitation OP Physiotherapy Department (E4 6UW). The individual will be required to build strong relationships with all staff members at each place of practice they are stationed, as well as Barts Health Consultants, Occupational Health and GP's.
- Priority of all work over all agencies.
- Competitive pay rates.
- Weekly pay.
- Access to online bookings and compliance portal.
- Free core skills for health training.
- Department upskill opportunities.
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy.
- 18 months post graduate experience and 8 months in relevant MSK outpatient and orthopaedic clinical settings.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Appropriate post registration experience.
- Documented evidence of CPD, in accordance with HCPC recommendations.
- Good knowledge of current best practice in physiotherapy in the relevant setting.
- Specialist clinical skills in musculoskeletal outpatients.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own and more junior staffs workload and supervise support staff in this field.
- Ability to work autonomously and set own priorities and support other staff in this field.
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility and reliability.
- Take a major role in the advanced physiotherapy assessment and treatment of patients within the speciality who may have acute, complex and or chronic presentations. To determine clinical diagnosis and physiotherapy treatment indicated through face to face and virtual assessments.
- Formulate and deliver an individual physiotherapy treatment programme based on a sound knowledge of evidence based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, reasoning skills and knowledge of treatment.
- Be skilled in a range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients and carers/guardians to progress rehabilitation and treatment programmes.
- After appropriate training to be able to supervise and manage the performance of more junior physiotherapy staff, assistants and students.
- To be responsible for teaching and supervising student physiotherapists to graduate level on therapeutic skills and knowledge within core clinical areas.
- To contribute to the planning, co-ordinating, delivering and evaluating the Physiotherapy Service provided to outpatients throughout the Trust and on a day-to-day basis.
If you are interested in this position and believe you fit the job requirements apply today!
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.