Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
- At the direction of the hospital at night clinical coordinator perform cannulation, phlebotomy, urinary catheterisation, ECGs ABG sampling and assist the ward based healthcare team with the provision of clinical care for a defined group of patients.
- Ensure patient safety is maintained and patient experience is positive by treating all patients, relatives and colleagues with respect, dignity and courtesy in accordance with Trust values.
- Ensuring that at all times you act within your sphere of competence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• NVQ2 training or equivalent experience
• Experience of personal care and related procedures
• Experience of working in an acute hospital setting
• NVQ III in care or modules relevant to Hospital at Night.
• Experience of working permanent night duty
• Experience of being a lone worker
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Effective patient/client care skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Evidence of numeracy and literacy skills and prepared to work towards key skills level 2
• Able to meet the minimum skill set within first twelve months of appointment with support and development where required (list of skills as defined in generic competency framework).
• IT skills
• Male Urinary catheterisation
• ECG recording
• ABG’s sampling competency
• Motivation to meet the patients needs for self and others.
• Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and trustworthiness.
• A willingness to be flexible and part of a team.
• Ability to juggle many priorities at one time, whilst remaining calm
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.