Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
- Online timesheets
- Weekly pay
- Priority over agency workers
- Supportive on-site teams
- And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
Staff Nurse/Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthetics, Scrub & Recovery)
We are seeking to recruit experienced Bank Staff Nurse/Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthetics, Scrub & Recovery) to join the dedicated Nursing team here at Portsmouth Hospital. This an exciting opportunity to further develop core skills and consolidate previous experiences gained, working at one of the largest acute hospital trust in the country. You will be working in a challenging area amongst a large multidisciplinary team with the support of senior staff delivering care to a high standard.
- Registered General Nurse
- NMC Registration
- A minimum of 6 months experience working within the NHS within the last 3 years
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Ad hoc shifts
- Line of work offered - guaranteed hours
- A flexible working pattern to suit you - chose between day, night and weekend shifts
- Competitive pay rates and weekly pay
- Opportunities to work across various departments and sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- An online self-booking system and dedicated bookings team, accommodating your convenience and availability
- Electronic Timesheet submission
- Onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
A professional Nurse Recruitment Team that will ensure you are registered and compliant to work shifts as soon as possible
A dedicated compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work, sending out regular expiry updates
Free annual statutory mandatory training updates
Please note due the large amount of applicants, we cannot directly contact you if your application is unsuccessful.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.