Kingston Hospitals Foundation NHS Trust – Staff Nurse – Band 5
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust enjoys a unique relationship, not just with its patients, but with its staff and the local community; a relationship based on trust and support. This is demonstrated through the 600 local volunteers who give their time alongside the trust’s own 2,600 colleagues and underpinned by its pledge to be caring, safe, responsible, and to value its people.
The 520-bed hospital serves approximately 320,000 people in both Kingston and the surrounding areas of Richmond, Roehampton, Putney, East Elmbridge and other parts of South West London and Surrey.
- At least 6 months NHS experience in the last 3 years
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A caring, empathetic approach to all patients
- A proactive and professional work ethic
We value our Bank Employees tremendously, therefore as a way of saying thanks for all they do, we provide them with the following benefits:
- Opportunity to manage shift with online timesheet
- Priority of shifts over all agency workers
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly pay
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
This is an excellent chance to collaborate with some of Kingston NHS Trust's most talented individuals. The following tasks will fall under the purview of the chosen candidates:
- Promote and set high standards of nursing care and maintain the delivery of quality care within the trust policies, protocols and guidelines.
- Actively promote safe and effective working practices to prevent harm to the patients within your care and take part in safety audits to maintain high quality standards.
- Engage and interact with carers/family encouraging them to be actively involved in patient’s care planning care as outlined in the ward/unit philosophy.
- Achieve competence in the use of medical devices/equipment by accessing training and maintain these.
- Promote health education within the clinical area and advise patient, family, and others in health promotion issues, making every contact count. Promote the health and well-being of staff, patients and their carers.
- Comply and promote compliance with Trust policies and guidelines e.g. Health and Safety, Clinical Risk and Infection Control.
- Liaise with the relevant research nurse to ensure patients are identified to take part in clinical research studies and research is delivered safely on the ward.
By submitting your CV, you can apply right away for this excellent position. A member of our recruitment team will contact you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.