Working Together and Intercollegiate guidance for Health Staff and safeguarding children , have both been revised in the last 18 months. As a result of the revision Barts Health Named Nurses have reviewed the current training needs analysis for staff and have identified the need for this project to take place Within the current workforce in the safeguarding children’s team it has been recognised that we do not have the capacity to undertake this piece of work. It has been agreed with Director of Quality Governance and the corporate finance manager for the recruitment of a project manager to undertake this piece of work.
The project worker will need to:
- To implement the changes in the gaps that have already been identified with the TNA
- Review the current training presentations and ensure these meet the core competencies for each level
- With the assistance of Learning and Development team develop training packages for Level 1&2.
- Develop a trajectory to meet compliance of 85% for levels 1,2 and 3 training
- Review and revise the current Safeguarding Children Training Policy
- Evidence of working at band 7 or above
- Ability to work independently
- Have an understanding of safeguarding children processes and pathways
- Have experience of working within safeguarding
- Have knowledge of Working Together to Safeguard Children and Intercollegiate guidance for Health Staff in Safeguarding
- Proficient ICT skills
- Excellent communicator
Reporting/Line Management Time Scale and Base
- The main base will be in the safeguarding office at Newham University Hospital
- There will be expectation that project worker will travel to Whipps Cross Hospital and Royal London Hospital on an adhoc basis
- The project worker will report to Named Nurse for Safeguarding Children at Newham Hospital
- The project must be completed by no later than 31st March 2019 and will not exceed 3/12 duration.
- The project worker will be paid at bottom Band 7.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.