Do you want to work with the best in the world?
St Bartholomew’s Hospital, the oldest hospital in England with some of the newest facilities, is home to world-leading cardiac and cancer centres, providing state-of-the-art treatment to our patients in the very heart of the City of London. We offer robotic surgery, ECMO, complex electrophysiology and are a leading provider of stem cell transplantation and immunotherapy for cancer treatment. We are one of the five busiest Heart Attack Centres in the UK, and home to the largest Atrial Fibrillation Ablation centre in Europe.
Our vision is to be a leading and innovative nursing and AHP centre, providing the very best care and excellent patient experience. We are a dedicated, supportive and ambitious team offering excellent training and development opportunities, including a growing nursing and AHP research and clinical academic career programme (internships. MSc, PhDs, post-doctoral opportunities).
The hospital is situated in beautiful surroundings close to St Paul’s Cathedral, has excellent public transport links and is close to the wide range of social and cultural attractions that London has to offer, making St Bartholomew’s a truly great place to work.
Be a proficient practitioner in Cardiothoracic Theatres, the post holder acts as a professional role model and clinical teacher. He/she also provides effective mentorship and supervision, participating in the education and training of nursing and non-nursing staff.
- More than 12 months post registration experience
- Previous theatre experience
- Current surgical experience
- Willingness to achieve set objective
- Evidence of continuing professional development/education
- Ability to work as a team member and use own initiative
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Planning, delivering and evaluating care
- Ability to prioritize clinical need
- Able to manage difficult situations
- Able to use initiative
- Proven communication skills both oral and in writing
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.