Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
Maternity Support Worker
Are you a Student Midwife looking to expand your ward-based experience at one of the largest acute hospital trusts in the UK?
We are seeking to recruit Student Midwives to join the bank as band 2 Maternity Support Workers here at Portsmouth Hospital. This an exciting opportunity to further develop core skills and consolidate previous experiences gained. You will be working in a challenging area amongst a large multidisciplinary team with the support of senior staff delivering care to a high standard.
- Second year adult midwifery student
- Can commit to working long day or night shifts
- A willingness to learn new skills as we can offer training in some departments
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Commitment to working well within a patient focused team
In addition, we require all Maternity Support Workers to have:
- Evidence of performing and recording manual observations
- Completed breastfeeding training.
- Phlebotomy trained ( desirable not essential )
- DBS checked at enhanced level for maternity / children.
- IT skills as many of our services are electronic.
Our Bank Maternity Support Workers are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Competitive pay rates and weekly pay
- Opportunities to work across various departments and sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- An online self-booking system and dedicated bookings team, accommodating your convenience and availability
- Electronic Timesheet submission
- Onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional AHP Recruitment Team that will ensure you are registered and compliant to work shifts as soon as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work, sending out regular expiry updates
- We also offer Core Skills Training
If you feel you meet the requirements then please apply for this position and a nursing recruiter will be in touch shortly if suitable.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.