University College London Hospital are looking for a Band 8A Occupational Health Manager to join the Occupational Health & Wellbeing (OH&W) department.
The Occupational Health & Wellbeing (OH&W) department works to promote, maintain and improve the health of the employee, to safeguard employees’ health from risk arising from their work and working environment and to promote the health of the organisation. The post holder will be required to undertake a comprehensive range of occupational health activities:
- Lead and oversee the delivery of high quality occupational health clinical services for the full remit within an NHS setting
- Provide clinical leadership, development and supervision of the clinical team team.
- Oversee the delivery of clinical services ensuring that they are client focused, safe and quality whilst being responsive to the needs of the organisation.
- Education and clinical supervision of the clinical staff
- Line management of clinical members of staff
- Policy development and research
The successful candidate will:
- Be an expert in the provision of workplace health and wellbeing advice and referral to other practitioners e.g. Staff Psychological and Welfare Service, Consultant in Occupational Medicine when risks and needs are beyond own competence and scope of practice
- Oversee and manage the delivery of clinical services utilising resources efficiently and effectively.
- Work in partnership with key stake holders e.g. Health and Safety, Manual Handling, Physiotherapy, Employee Relations and other key partners and stakeholders to address employees health in relation to their work and providing advice and guidance which is based on best practice and evidence.
- Support trust staff and managers by providing expert Occupational Health advice and support whilst considering the business and health needs of the trust.
- NMC Registration
- Minimum 12 months Occupational health and management experience at band 7 or equivalent
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
- Core Skills training provided annually
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.