University College London Hospital are looking for a Bank Band 7 Senior Occupational Health Infection Prevention Control Nurse Advisor to join their team.
The Occupational Health and Safety Service (OHSS) works to promote, maintain and improve the health of the employee, to safeguard employees’ health from risk arising from their work and working environment and to promote the health of the organisation. The post holder will be required to undertake a comprehensive range of occupational health activities related to:
- Assessment of employee fitness to work
- Protection of employee health at work
- Promotion of employee health at work
- Support of individuals with disabilities in both gaining and sustaining employment
- To lead in the ongoing development of the OHSS which includes clear leadership for both managers and employees using the service and organisations with which the Service comes into contact.
Main Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Take a leadership role within the team while maintaining a team based approach to operational activities.
- Promote and participate in the implementation of the UCLH Occupational Health strategy and maintain an awareness of broader nursing issues:
- Reviewing nursing practice and proposing changes based on evidence/research and best practice;
- Develop and implement audits quality and risk management initiatives in consultation with customers, clients and specialist advisers.
- Organise and participate in occupational health programmes and teach, act as facilitator/mentor/preceptor as required.
- Promote and maintain open and effective communication between managers, users of the service (clients) and colleagues while respecting the boundaries of confidentiality.
- NMC Registration
- 6 months experience in a similar role
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating to your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
- Core Skills training provided annually
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.