University College London Hospital are looking for a Bank Band 7 Senior Occupational Health Infection Prevention Control Nurse Advisor to join their team. We are looking for nurses from both NHS and private backgrounds.
The post holder will organise their own workload unsupervised, and must work in according to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code and relevant professional guidance, and will be required to undertake a range of activities related to:
- Be the lead adviser for infection prevention and control within the occupational setting. Education and clinical supervision of junior members of staff
- Line management of junior members of staff
- Protection of employee health at work.
- Oversee the delivery of clinical services ensuring that they are client focused and responsive to the needs of the organisation.
- Working closely with the trust Infection Prevention and Control Team to ensure that staff and patients are protected from communicable diseases.
- Be the lead adviser in the prevention and management of occupational exposures to blood and body fluids
- Take the lead in the planning and implementation of the Flu vaccination programme
- NMC Registration
- 6 months experience in a similar role
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating to your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
- Core Skills training provided annually
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.