University College London are looking for a Band 7 Learning Disability Health Professional to join our Safeguarding Adults team to lead and support our Learning Disability and Autism agenda at UCLH. This role is projected to last up to one year to cover Maternity Leave, the role is due to begin in July 2021.
One of the key roles will to play a high profile presence within the UCLH and act as an expert in the field of learning disabilities and/or autism, helping set the strategic direction as well as operationally working with patients and their families/carers, staff and our community partners. An important part of the role will be to provide expert advice for staff to ensure the Mental Capacity Act and the Best Interest process is followed for service users who may lack capacity to make decisions for themselves.
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Influence and lead the ongoing professional development of clinical practice within Learning Disability and/or Autism practice
- Undertake evidence based research and contribute to the setting of clinical standards of care within the service, including the development of policies, protocols, guidelines and service developments in collaboration with multi- disciplinary colleagues
- Work with stakeholders, multi-agency & multi agency teams to ensure that people with learning disabilities and/or autism have full and appropriate access to healthcare within the hospital setting.
- Liaise with all relevant parties to obtain information and plan effectively for all hospital visits and to ensure effective and safe integrated discharge planning.
- Providing training to staff across multi-disciplinary areas and across the multiple sites that Trust has, to enhance the patient experience and improve patient outcomes.
- Registered Learning Disability or General Nurse/ Allied Professional
- Relevant post-registration experience in a similar role
A full job description is available upon request. If you feel you have the skills for the above role please apply today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.