University College London Hospital are looking for a Chemotherapy Nurse to join their team within UCLH Cancer Services. The role be 2-3 days per week between 9am and 7pm (long days).
The chemotherapy team require a dynamic and motivated individual to join them on a temporary basis to cover a vacancy. The team are part of a busy and progressive haematology and oncology unit, providing high quality nurse-led care. The team also provide an outreach service for our patients that are in other clinical areas within the hospital.
The primary responsibilities of the post involve but are not limited to:
- The co-ordination and delivery of inpatient chemotherapy,
- Educational support and training for staff
- Information and support for patients and their carer’s
- Providing a continual resource for the unit in relation to all aspects of systemic anti-cancer treatment
- 18 months haemato-oncology experience at Band 6 or above within the NHS
- Current valid NMC Registration
- Advanced skills in cytotoxic and intravenous therapies,
- Venepuncture and cannulation skills are desirable, but not essential.
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating to your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- A designated onsite co-ordinator to offer support and introduce you to various departments within UCLH
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
- Core Skills training provided annually
If you have the skills and the availability for the above role please submit your CV today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.