University College London are looking for Band 5 Imaging staff nurses to join their Nuclear Medicine team. The Institute of Nuclear Medicine (INM) provides a comprehensive PET/CT, SPECT/CT and general nuclear medicine imaging and bone densitometry service to UCLH Trust, the London PCTs and other Trust within the UK. We have a wide range of state of the art equipment including two dedicated PET/CT systems, three SPECT/CT systems. Two of these have full diagnostic CT capability, and the novel CZT based D-SPECT dedicated cardiac SPECT system. This year saw the commissioning of the first PET/MR in this country.
As well as a large and varied clinical workload we have an extensive and internationally recognised research programme with University College London and other external collaborators. Our key strengths include myocardial perfusion imaging (SPECT/CT and PET/CT), oncology imaging (SPECT/CT and PET/CT), and radio-nuclide therapy.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Record observations accurately in accordance with the patients' condition. Interpret and inform the nurse in charge of changing data and respond as directed
- Assist patients to gain access to health and social care, information and support relevant to their needs
- Participate in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication with the patient and their carer(s)
- Provide information which enables patients to make choices about adopting a healthier lifestyle
- Complete patient documentation correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner
- Educate patients and their carers as required where a need has been identified
- Participate in annual staff appraisal, staff development and in-service training activities in line with the Knowledge and Skills Framework
- NMC Registration
- 6 months recent NHS Experience
- Competent with IV and cannulation
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.