University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are looking for Play Specialist/Youth Support Co-ordinator’s to join their bank team within the Paediatric and Adolescent Division. This division provides services for patients aged 0-19 years. The post holder will be part of the UCLH Play & Youth Services Team to provide the below services:
- To contribute and develop the maintenance of an age appropriate environment where play and recreation occurs naturally and participate in quality initiatives in the play and clinical teams.
- To use theoretical knowledge and evidence based practice to assess, plan, implement and evaluate therapeutic play and recreational interventions in hospital.
- To work closely with children, young people and their families in the Play and Youth Service, developing skills and knowledge for career development.
- To work closely with the MDT, maintaining effective communication and document therapeutic interventions and their outcomes.
- To participate in the training and education of staff to promote awareness of the benefits of play and recreation.
- To participate in projects, as delegated by supervisor.
- Registered & qualified Health Play Specialist holding the Foundation Degree in Health Care Play Specialism
- 6 months recent NHS experience in a similar role
If you hold the above experience and would be interested in a role please apply today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.