Moorfields Eye Hospital are looking for Band 6 Paediatric Staff Nurses to join their team at their City Road Hospital. The post holder will take responsibility for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care programmes throughout the paediatric nursing service and will participate in the planning and implementation of the Ward/departmental teaching programmes.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assess the needs of the infant, child and young person according to the agreed model of nursing care, implement and evaluate the planned care, working in partnership with the family.
- As part of continuing professional development, assume the leadership of the team when designated ‘in charge’ ensuring the maintenance of a safe and acceptable standard of care.
- Demonstrate nursing skills to other members of the nursing team thereby enabling them to carry out planned nursing action.
- To work towards the development and delivery of high standards of patient care by using clearly defined care pathways.
- Participate in safeguarding children and young people within the Trust and ensure that the Trust Safeguarding Policy is adhered to. In the absence of the named professionals provide advice and support for Trust staff when required
- Undertake the required levels of training for Safeguarding Children and Young People.
- Have an understanding of the private healthcare culture and the different needs of children and their families.
- Current NMC Registration
- 6 months NHS experience as a Band 6 Paediatric Staff Nurse
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.