University College London Hospital are looking for a Band 6 Cancer Research Nurse to commit to working Monday - Friday 9-5 through the Bank.
The Cancer Vanguard is led jointly by three providers (Greater Manchester Cancer, RM Partners and UCLH Cancer Collaborative) across Manchester and London, and is focused on the delivery of key outcomes as directed by the national cancer strategy, of which the key aims are:
• Improved survival
• Improved patient leadership, engagement and experience of care, treatment and support
• Reduced variation in service provision across the system
• Improving the quality of life of patients during and after treatment and at the end of life
• Improved efficiency and effectiveness of cancer service delivery
• Improved utility and reduction in costs
• Financial sustainability
The role of the Cancer Vanguard is to drive the delivery of these outcomes across the defined population of 10 million and to use models that can then be replicated nationally. The three partners will build on their pivotal roles as system leaders to ensure patient benefit by placing patients at the centre of the new systems.
By working inclusively across this defined population, incorporating all partners from public health and screening, primary and community care, secondary and tertiary care and hospice care led by a strong patient voice, the Cancer Vanguard will provide innovative, high-quality, research-led and evidenced-based care across the patient continuum.
Required Skills and Experience;
- Registered Band 6 Research Nurse
- A minimum of 6 months post registration NHS work experience
- NMC registration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- Designated onsite Business Partners to offer support and introduce you to various departments within University College London Hospital
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Mandatory Training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
To apply for this role please complete the application box below. If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to contact the bank recruitment team on 0207 959 3550 (option 2).
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.