UCLH are currently seeking Band 6 / 7 Haemoglobinopathy Clinical Nurse‘s to join their bank team within the Haematology Coordinating Centre. The posting will run for approximately 3-6 months, Full time workers are preferred but part time will also be considered.
The Joint Red Cell Unit based between Whittington Health and UCLH has the largest number of patients with thalassaemia in the UK and a large population of patients with sickle cell disease. It has a network of associated clinical expertise (such as cardiology, endocrinology and andrology), as well as diagnostic testing that is uniquely available at UCLH.
The Red Cell Unit at UCLH is a pre-eminent national unit for investigating and managing transfusion dependent, transfusion independent anaemias, and iron disorders. The Unit offers a run-through service with people seen from birth to the end of life.
Conditions treated include:
- Haemoglobinopathies including sickle cell and thalassaemia.
- Iron Disorders including Haemochromatosis
- Enzymopathies e.g. Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency.
- Membrane disorders e.g. Hereditary Spherocytosis.
- Non malignant haematology
Main Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- To develop a shared vision of the service and work with the Multi-disciplinary team, organisation, and external agencies to adhere to this.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and understanding of haemoglobinopathy conditions.
- To support the ward and daycare staff with acutely unwell patients, liaising with the pain team, haematology and paediatric team to ensure optimum care of the patient.
- Be an expert practitioner within the speciality ensuring the provision of high quality evidence based nursing care of patients and their families.
- To support and empower adults, children, young people and their families to make informed choices, access services and transition from adolescent to adult services appropriately thereby achieving an independent and rewarding adult life.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant post-registration experience in same specialty (FO)
- Undertakingor willing to undertake Masters Degree (FO)
If you would like to apply for this role please upload your CV and submit your application.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.