Hounslow & Richmond Community Healthcare – Immunisation Nurse – Band 5
Hounslow & Richmond Community Healthcare Trust are currently searching for a talented Immunisation Nurse to support their fantastic Immunisations team as a member of the School Age Vaccination Service (SAV), to support the safe delivery and triage of the nasal flu and other vaccination programmes within the SAV teams.
HRCH provides community health services for around 523,000 people registered with GPs in the London boroughs of Hounslow and Richmond. The Trust currently employ around 1,300 people, who work across a wide range of health centres, hospitals, GP surgeries, children’s centres, local council facilities and in community settings – including in people’s homes. This helps people across the community to stay well, manage their own health with the right support and avoid stays in hospital.
- Previous NHS experience
- Experience of working with people in a care setting
- Desire to deliver compassionate hands on care in the hospital environment
- Experience within Immunisation
We value our Bank Employees tremendously, therefore as a way of saying thanks for all they do, we provide them with the following benefits:
- Opportunity to manage shift with online timesheet
- Priority of shifts over all agency workers
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
This is an excellent chance to collaborate with some of Hounslow & Richmond Community Healthcare's most talented individuals. The following tasks will fall under the purview of the chosen candidates:
- To assess young people and understand the pre-requisites of giving an immunisation, understanding the contra-indications, the aftercare and the relevant advice to give to the young person.
- Contribute to the identification and protection of children at risk of abuse and act in accordance with the local Safeguarding Children’s Board guidelines.
- To understand the relevant Patient Group Direction, the relevant chapter in the Immunisation Green Book (D.O.H) and understand storage and carriage instructions for immunisations.
- Participate in health promotion / education and public health activities related to the Childhood Immunisation Campaign.
- To work as part of a team and independently.
By submitting your CV, you can apply right away for this excellent position. A member of our recruitment team will contact you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.