Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust – Anaesthetics – Band 5
Queen Alexandra Hospital has a reputation as a dynamic and innovative place to work. It’s Theatres are leading the way in Robotic Surgery and is recognised as a Worldwide Centre of Excellence. There are 27 modern, state-of- the- art theatres across 2 floors which undertake elective, emergency and trauma work for both Adults and Paediatrics.
The Anaesthetics, Scrub & Recovery department at Portsmouth Hospitals are currently searching for a motivated Anaesthetic Nurse to join them. Working in one of the biggest acute hospital trusts in the nation is a great opportunity to further develop key skills and build on prior experiences. Working in a cohesive multidisciplinary team, you will make sure that patient care is provided effectively and efficiently. Expectations for this position will be met through practical clinical experience, instruction, training, and research.
The Main theatre Department is situated on D and E level. Staff are expected to upskill and rotate between 2 areas. In addition to this, Anaesthetic staff provide support to Maternity, Interventional Radiology, MRI & Gastro remote services. The Service provides 24/7 cover with a variety of shift patterns
- At least 6 months NHS experience in the last 3 years
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A caring, empathetic approach to all patients
- A proactive and professional work ethic
- Registered Nurse/RODP with current NMC/HCPC registration
- Evidence of a post-registration Anaesthetic Course if not an RODP
We value our Bank Employees tremendously, therefore as a way of saying thank you for all they do, we provide them with the following benefits:
- Opportunity to manage shift with online timesheet
- Priority of shifts over all agency workers
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly pay
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
This is an excellent chance to collaborate with some of Portsmouth NHS Trust's most talented individuals. The following tasks will fall under the purview of the chosen candidates:
- Promote and set high standards of nursing and maintain the delivery of quality care within the trust policies, protocols and guidelines.
- Recognise and respond to a change in patient status undertaking first line interventions with scope of practice and refer on to the appropriate clinician as required.
- Engage and interact with carers/family encouraging them to be actively involved in patient’s care planning care as outlined in the ward/unit philosophy.
- Check and prepare a wide range of vital anaesthetic equipment daily.
- Monitor and maintain anaesthetic drugs including controlled drugs as per Trust Policies.
- Discuss with the anaesthetist a plan for safe running of operating list.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff and create a positive learning culture by supporting skill acquisition and competency development.
By submitting your CV, you can apply right away for this excellent position. A member of our recruitment team will contact you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.