Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
The post holder will be practising autonomously as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) within the Emergency Medicine Clinical Service Centre (CSC), with a focus upon the provision of patient-centered quality care. The role will encompass the assessment, examination, diagnosis, treatment and referral / discharge of adult patients presenting with undifferentiated conditions. The post holder will work within an agreed scope of practice, and will be expected to ensure high standards of evidence based care.
The post holder will deliver an 80% clinical component to their role and 20% related to appraisal, clinical audit, teaching, self development and research.
This role will be for a duration of 6 months minimum
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current NMC or professional body registration.
- Completion of a formal Advanced Clinical Practitioner programme which is in line with the competency framework detailed by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine. A robust portfolio is mandatory, detailing a broad range of clinical cases, and with specific inclusion of core, minors and majors competencies. Evidence of final sign off must be included.
- Completion or working towards completion of a Masters Degree or doctorate incorporating Advanced Clinical Practice.
- Independent non-medical prescriber where the regulatory opportunity exists.
- Advanced Life Support provider.
- Completion of a Trauma course (e.g. ATLS / ETC ) and paediatric life support course (e.g. APLS / EPLS).
- IRMER regulation certificate.
- Minimum of 8 years acute care experience.
- Completion of medical emergencies course (e.g. MedicALS / MALS).
- Level 1 ultrasound competent.
- Involvement with scope of practice development.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- History taking and physical assessment skills.
- Broad knowledge around pathophysiology, differential diagnoses and clinical diagnostics.
- Experience of audit.
- Experience of appraisal of others.
- Evidence of study in radiograph and ECG interpretation.
- Interest in clinical research
- Previous publication(s)
- Teaching qualification.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.