Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
Duration: 3 month contract 37.5 hours per week
• To provide a high-level inpatient waiting list management support.
• To ensure patients are selected for admission in order of clinical priority.
• To ensure that urgent and routine patients are treated within the agreed target waiting times.
• Liaise with clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure excellent standard of care.
• At least 5 GCSE’s at grade A-C.
• ECDL certificate or equivalent experience of keyboard/computer use.
• Experience of working in a healthcare environment using healthcare systems such as PAS.
• NVQ level 3 or equivalent in administration (or working towards)
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to deal/liaise with staff at all levels.
• Able to prioritise and plan workload.
• Confidentiality and discretion.
• Proven skills in use of word processing packages (Microsoft Office).
• The ability to work using own initiative and without supervision.
• Knowledge of Referral To Treatment, PAS, PMI, OPD, Pathology, Radiology and Cardiology Database (training
will be provided).
• Understanding of Medical terminology
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.