Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
This job role will be 12 months to cover Maternity Cover. Hours Monday to Friday 08h00 - 16h00
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Supply Chain Assistant to join the Portsmouth Staff Bank at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
The main purpose of this job role is:
- Provides internal supply chain services e.g. receipts, distribution and/or materials management using computerised receipts, storage and/or bar coded data capture systems.
- Unpacks and checks delivered items against delivery/order information, takes corrective action, maintains audit records.
- May hold and store ward/department stock records and replenish products in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Liaises with internal personnel and external suppliers on supplies/stock management/rationalisation/delivery- related issues.
- Education to GCSE or equivalent, including Mathematics and English
- Warehouse or general retail experience
- Training in moving and handling goods
- Working towards an NVQ qualification
- Experience of working in a service industry
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to use a personal computer with knowledge of word processing, and Windows applications.
- Working knowledge of clerical and financial procedures.
- Ability to communicate in written and oral English.
- Ability to understand and work with financial, administrative and personnel processes and practices
- Purchasing Procedures workshops.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.