The post holder will provide accurate and timely business intelligence and analysis to a range of stakeholders across the outpatient transformation programme, with a principal focus on:
- Developing metrics, measures and dashboard for the overall programme (c. 40% of allocated time)
- Working with the PROMS / PREMS project team (c. 20% of allocated time)
- Supporting work on the Equity of Access project (c. 40% of allocated time)
The post holder will also provide analysis in support of aspects of the business (quality, access standards, productivity, activity, income, research) as required.
The post holder will carry out a range of work, including leading on projects, specifying improvements in existing reports and producing specifications for new reports.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting and Analysis
- Providing analytical support to the outpatient transformation programme.
- Supporting the provision of analytics for outpatient transformation covering the full range of the services’ responsibilities, including quality, productivity, optimising operational performance, improving clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for the delivery of analysis for PROMS / PREMS activities within the programme.
- Responsible for the delivery of analysis for Equity of Access activities within the programme.
- To deliver world-class analytics that supports the delivery of the outpatient strategy – including the use of advanced analytical and statistical methods (time series modelling, machine learning, etc.
- To actively contribute to report and dashboard development based upon feedback from key staff to ensure reports are useful. You will lead on a number of these report developments.
- To coordinate the production of specifications for new reports and work with the central business intelligence development team to ensure these reports support business requirements.
- To produce information in response to ad-hoc information requests relating to the outpatient programme and its projects.
Indicator / Dashboard Development
- Liaising with the outpatient programme and its projects to understand the requirement for new performance indicators.
- Supporting the construction of indicators according to team processes, including definitions, data sources and target and tolerance setting.
- To be actively involved in and in some cases lead the specification and design of reports that measure data quality and highlight data quality issues, relating to the outpatient programme.
- To support management and operational staff with information and advice to resolve data quality issues.
- Supporting a wide range of staff with business intelligence and analytics specifications that meet their business requirements.
- To present the results of any complex modelling work to non-information staff in clear and unambiguous ways.
- To liaise with key staff (e.g. Executive Directors, Head of Operations, Senior Finance Managers, and Divisional Managers) to ensure that reporting appropriately supports business objectives and performance.
- To actively promote and adhere to the UCLH vision of delivering safe, caring and constantly improving service to patients.
- To comply with the Trust’s Equal Opportunities Policy and treat staff, patients, colleagues and potential employees with dignity and respect at all times.
- To take personal responsibility for promoting a safe environment and safe patient care by identifying areas of risk and following the Incident, Serious Incidents and Near Misses reporting policy and procedure.
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that UCLH resources are used efficiently and with minimum wastage and to comply with the Trust's Standing Financial Instructions (SFIs).
- To be aware of and adhere to all Trust policies and procedures, the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Data Protection Act.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
Responsibility for human resources (HR)
- To support the day to day work of the team in performing its analytics function, supervising the work of staff where required by the Head of Analytics.
- To provide advice and guidance and to act as a mentor to junior members of staff
- To promote good teamwork between all information professionals.
- The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
- You will be expected to actively participate in annual appraisals and set objectives in conjunction with your manager. Performance will be monitored against set objectives.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills. Please send us your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.