Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
Duration: 6 week contract 37.5 hours per week
1. To work as part of the Respiratory Outpatient department administrative team, and book outpatient appointments in accordance with waiting time guidelines, ensuring there are no breaches of 2-week cancer wait and 18-week routine appointment wait targets, advising the Supervisor of any difficulties in meeting these targets. Including resolution of any disputes by patients concerning their appointments.
2. To use the hospital computer systems, PAS, SECTRA, ICE, EPRO AND E Referral ensuring that all data input is done accurately and on time.
3. Be responsible for health record documentation, ensuring required patient documents are available when and where needed, and that other relevant information is up to date for clinic appointments, including any investigation results.
4. Act as receptionist for departmental clinics, including entering and updating information on PAS to ensure that patients’ details are accurate. Provide face-to-face advice on non-clinical issues, answer any patient concerns and queries, and arrange follow-up investigations or hospital admissions.
5. Bring to the doctors’ attention any pathology results, CT scan or other results that may initiate the moving of the patient’s appointments to an earlier date.
6. Liaise with other departments to obtain and ensure that all information is collated for patient consultations and any additional information as requested by consultants, doctors and nurses within the department.
7. Miscellaneous office duties, including processing enquiries from other hospital departments, GP surgeries, patients & their relatives, and outside agencies. Provide clerical assistance to the medical, nursing, and secretarial staff as necessary.
8. Liaise with clerical colleagues and provide cover when required during meal breaks, annual leave or sickness.
9. To follow hospital policies on own role.
10. Liaise with GP surgeries re E Referral
• NVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration or equivalent
• ECDL certificate or equivalent experience of keyboard/computer use
• Working in an office environment
• Customer care experience
• Knowledge of Hospital computer systems e.g. PAS, E Referral, Sectra, Ice, Epro
• Experience of working in an outpatient/acute hospital setting
• The ability to work using own initiative and without supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and able to work to deadlines
• Time management.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.