Whittington Health trust are looking for Porters to join their bank team. The Porters who work with our trust ensures the effective day-to-day operation of Portering Services at Whittington Hospital Trust as part of the Portering Services team. They support patient care by maintaining consistent non-patient and/or patient transport standards and processes and delivering high levels of customer service at all times.
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for undertaking the following duties as and when required, delivery and collection of goods and equipment, patient’s transport, linen and laundry collection, medical records, medical gases, blood products, samples, mortuary duties, cleaning of public areas, night theatre cover.
- To move all waste products: clinical, household, recycling, confidential and other, when working as a waste porter, in accordance with all relevant trust policies.
- To work to the agreed planned duty time table in the delivery and collection of goods and equipment and / or other aspects of the service.
- To work as part of a wider team in the delivery of the portering services, in ensuring all materials and equipment are used in a cost effective manner.
- To liase as necessary with ward and departmental staff, patients and visitors in the delivery and collection of goods, equipment and patients.
- To maintain effective communications with appropriate staff, including the portering team leader and ward / departmental clinical staff.
- To follow local procedures ensuring that the correct distribution of patients, goods and equipment throughout the hospital is maintained and adhere to: quality, health and safety, statutory and hygiene controls at all times.
- Previous Orderly experience in a hospital environment within the last 3 years
- Previous Customer Service Experience
- NHS Experience is advantageous
A full job description is available upon request if you feel you have the skills for the role please upload your CV and apply today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.