Moorfields NHS Trust the leading provider of eye health services in the UK and a world class centre of excellence for ophthalmic research and education is looking to appoint a Learning and Development Manager to their StaffBank to fulfil a role at one of their sites in Central London. It will be to cover for ideally 4 months minimum, full time.
The learning and development manager role and team are key to delivering the workforce strategy. They will support the transformation and skill development of the workforce by undertaking training needs analysis, developing training plans, providing expertise and skill in commissioning and designing high quality learning and development alongside ensuring compliance with statutory and mandatory training.
- Alongside the senior team develop and implement effective learning and development and apprentice strategies, policies, approaches and plans which meet Trust requirements and ensure the development of a skilled and competent workforce.
- To support the creation of an apprenticeship career framework, enabling apprentices to progress in a range of career pathways enabling redesign of the existing workforce and maximising use of the levy.
- To lead on the development, delivery and evaluation of opportunities for work experience, internships and placements.
- Lead on the design and implementation of a new programme of in-house management training and development working closely with the senior team.
- Develop policy to support delivery of the workforce strategy and compliance
- Support the development of line managers to improve their learning and development capability and capacity
- Manage the achievement of the Learning and Development Team’s Key Performance Indicators, namely Mandatory Training, Appraisal and Induction compliance.
- Work with the Director of Education, Services, HR Business Partners, ProfessionalEducation Lead, Clinical Educators and other professional leads and to ensure a coordinated approach to the identification of and response to development needs.
- Work with head of systems to oversee the management and development of the Trust’s learning management and e-learning systems as well as their integration with other workforce and IT systems.
- Take a lead of on a range of continuous improvement key projects including but not limitedto on boarding, training and development and appraisal quality
To be successful, you must have:
Degree Level Education.
Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
Learning and development qualification.
An in-depth understanding of health care provision and awareness of current NHS policies and priorities.
Experience of leading, coaching and building capability in learning and development.
Experience of training, learning and development contribution to workforce planning.
Experience of developing education, training or workforce strategies aligned to business goals.
Extensive senior-level experience in Human resources, Organisational Development or Learning and Education to include leading and developing teams of staff.
Experience in delivering cultural change.
Understanding of the key education and training issues affecting staff groups across the Trust.
Experience in identifying training needs and delivering large-scale learning solutions.
Extensive experience in developing and delivering management development programmes, tools and techniques on an organisational-wide basis, including group and individual coaching.
In-depth knowledge of employment legislation, HR policies and procedures.
Able to negotiate with and influence service managers and professional education and training leads in relation to the Trust’s learning and development agenda and on wider workforce development issues.
Excellent organisational, prioritisation, analytical and planning skills with a high attention to detail and process.
Full range of operational and strategic skills at a senior HR level
Successfully influences a broad spectrum of people, highlighting benefits, finding alternatives and gaining commitments.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.