Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
The post is a fixed term contract for approx. 9/10 months, 22.5 hours a week, hybrid role.Job Purpose
1. The post holder will assist in the provision of a comprehensive and pro-active HR service to Divisional Managers, Line Managers and staff, developing the capability of the workforce and indirectly contributing to the improvement of patient care. .
2. Primarily focused on absence management casework, the post holder will aso act as a point of contact for staff and managers providing generic advice for HR Operational queries .
• Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
• Level 5 CIPD qualification or equivalent relevant experience
• Experience of working in an Operational HR role dealing with complex and sensitive issues
• Experience of advising managers on a range of HR issues, in particular absence management
• Experience of involvement in policy development and implementation
• NHS / Public sector experience
• Experience of the NHS Electronic Staff Records System
• Experience of identifying training needs and delivering training
• Evidence of continuous professional development
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of a range of HR policies, processes and practices e.g. absence and capability, disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Knowledge of current employment law, data protection and ACAS Codes of Practice
• Understanding of best practice in HR
• Excellent interpersonal effectiveness including diplomacy, influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Able to establish credibility and rapport with line mangers
• Sensitive and responsive when dealing with challenging or emotional circumstances.
• Able to prioritise and respond flexibly to changing demands
• Ability to work autonomously and show initiative
• Commitment to equal opportunities
• Excellent ‘PC User’ skills including all basic Microsoft packages
• Ability to analyse situations and exercise independent judgement
• Understanding of NHS Terms and Conditions (eg Agenda for Change)
• Trained in Agenda for Change
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.