This role will work in partnership with our Workforce Information Manager to ensure that expertise is connected, the workforce systems all integrate (initiating interoperability) and are used to their optimum to improve efficiencies and generate increased reporting functionalities. This postholder will also support the Head of Workforce Information Systems and Temporary Staffing to ensure that we are delivering our obligations in relation to the National Levels of Attainment for e-Rostering and e-Job planning
To lead the triangulation of our workforce systems and data, working with teams to improve and streamline our reporting, transforming into data intelligence (dashboard development) to support business planning
To be responsible for ensuring a high-quality Rostering service is available throughout the Trust, supporting operational services in achieving both local and national key performance indicators through effective and efficient rostering. To ensure the provision of a high quality, timely and cost-effective roster system and associated support function which meets the needs of the Trust and contributes to the overall organizational workforce planning and financial management.
- Manage the implementation of all non-live areas, ensuring engagement and buy-in from new users.
- Develop a benefits realisation plan and monitor progress against this.
- Ensure that business and technical solutions are strategically aligned and move seamlessly into business as usual.
- Configure the e-rostering system in line with business requirements, providing modifications where appropriate in order to ensure the continued effectiveness and accuracy of the tool;
- Support the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and timely operation of the e-rostering tool both during project deployment and business-as-usual operation;
- Form close relationships with the clinical and non-clinical staff in order to promote the adoption and ongoing use of the e-rostering system;
- Set up and facilitate requirement gathering and review meetings with relevant operational leads in order to measure the effectiveness of operation and support improvements and corrections where necessary;
- Deal promptly and effectively with deployment issues, escalating to other team members and the wider organization as appropriate.
- Work with HR system provider and IT department to map out and implement new reporting / recording requirements
Training and Deployment
- Deliver roster creation and user self-service training in line with the deployment plan to operational staff;
- Understand the interdependencies between Finance, HR, Workforce and Payroll systems ensuring that impacts are understood and managed before system changes are made.
- Support the development and deployment of training materials and e-learning packages for adoption throughout the Trust both within the project and to support business-as-usual operation;
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of training activities in order to identify improvements and ensure the effective use of the system;
- Ensure that training content and delivery methods are tailored appropriately for the relevant audiences
- Manage all rostering projects, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business and deliver benefits within agreed timescales, budget and according to specified quality criteria.
- Carry out detailed project planning, defining project deliverables, success criteria, interdependencies, change control and reporting structures
- Develop and implement robust communication strategy for roster projects, ensuring effective working relationships with Directorates and all key stakeholders to gain buy in, motivation and engagement.
Management and Performance
- Provide overall management of the rostering support service, ensuring requests for support are resolved promptly and effectively by the Roster Support Desk.
- Ensure that appropriate monitoring and management processes are in place and supported in order to track progress against team objectives;
- Develop and maintain appropriate data, metrics and indicators in order to monitor and improve team performance;
- Work closely with Temporary Staffing Services, ensuring optimum use of the system in managing the Trust’s demand for temporary staffing and reducing bank and agency spend.
- Ensure an awareness of National guidance regarding rostering and safer staffing, sharing this knowledge with key stakeholders and the Project Board to continually develop the service
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.