Whittington Health trust are looking for Domestic cleaners to join their bank team. This position forms a part of the Cleaning Service’s team. The key purpose of the role is to undertake cleaning duties and assist with all aspects of the cleaning service under the direction and supervision of the Team Leader and Domestic and Portering Services Manager.
The role of a Cleaner is to contribute to the efficient and effective cleaning service delivered within facilities directorate by ensuring that duties prescribed for the position are completed to an acceptable standard as detailed within cleaning schedules and methodologies.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking cleaning duties in accordance with the Whittington health and facilities cleaning standards; cleaning task descriptions and cleaning schedules.
- Maintaining and using adequate supplies of the correct cleaning materials and consumables in order for cleaning duties to be carried out.
- To carry out other duties which may reasonably be required by the Team Leaders and Domestic Service Manager.
- Undertaking daily, weekly; monthly and annual cleaning routines to ensure all areas of responsibility are maintained to high standard.
- Providing a high quality standard of hygiene throughout the area of responsibility to reduce infection related risks to patients and visitors.
- To work to agreed planned duty timetable relevant to the ward / department so as to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene levels of floors, kitchens, toilets, bathrooms, showers, basins, taps, all surfaces,food trolleys, equipment, walls, internal glass, telephones, lamps, bins, furniture, fixtures and fittings to the standard laid out in the Housekeeping operational procedures.
- To provide a hot and cold food and beverage service to patients.
- To assist ward staff in the patient meal service, to maintain the cleanliness of food service equipment, patients trays, plates and cutlery.
- Responsible for managing own work on a daily basis, reporting to the ward / department manager for work priorities and the team leader for support and guidance as and when required.
- To work as part of a team in the delivery of the service, ensuring all materials and equipment are used in a cost effective manner.
- Previous experience in commercial cleaning
- NHS Experience is advantageous
A full job description is available upon request if you feel you have the skills for the role please upload your CV and apply today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.