Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
1. Working as part of a team to provide admin and clerical support to Gynaecology Department; assist in the smooth running, preparation and scheduling of assorted Theatre lists clinics, in accordance with the principles contained within the Trust’s Waiting List Policy and Outpatient Access Policy and in line with the current waiting time targets.
2. To maintain a polite friendly and efficient service for patients and their relatives
3. To ensure data is accurately recorded on the Trust’s Patient Admission and Theatre man systems
4. To be abled on occasion to work flexibly and cover admin requirements across the whole CSC
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Education to GCSE Level
• Previous experience of providing clerical support in a busy and challenging environment.
• Evidence of experience of working with the public
• Experience of working in a healthcare environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• The ability to work using own initiative and without supervision.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literacy & keyboard skills
• Literacy and numeracy
• Good office skills
• Knowledge of hospital databases/ information systems.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and trustworthiness.
• A willingness to be flexible and to work as part of a team.
• A willingness and ability to work Bank Holidays and Saturdays, on occasion.
• Ability to achieve a high level of accuracy while ensuring deadlines are met.
• Efficient with good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to deal with clinicians, general practitioners, management, staff, patients and the general public.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A FULL TIME ROLE FOR A DURATION OF 3 MONTHS
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.