As a catering store man you will help to enhance our patient well-being and their experience in the hospital . You will be placing and receiving the ordered for the complete catering department and also preforming the admin tasks recommended by the management. Working closely with other hospital staff you will be expected to deliver a great level of customer service to all patients, visitors, staff and various stakeholders.
Main duties of the job
Catering Storeman *****Please note this opportunity is NOT Agenda For Change and terms and conditions vary from Agenda for Change*****
- Receive all deliveries ensuring all documentation is compete in line with trust policies
- Check products to ensure they meet the specification
- Ensure stock is stored in line with HACCP and rotated
- Ensure Freezer stock levels are maintained to provide a full service to all patients
- Inform Management of any short falls or delays in deliveries to enable appropriate action to be taken
- Attend any meetings and courses as directed by management
- The post holder will at all times perform their duties with with due adherence to all trust policies
- Ordering the required items through the NHS recommended software's
- Taking weekly/monthly inventory for the catering department.
Overview of your organization
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surrey and NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and is supported by over 500 volunteers.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.