Title: Booking Clerk
Reports to: Outpatient Booking Centre Service Manager
Enter the level of training below - delete the field if the job holder does not need to complete the Passport to Manage programme.
Passport to Manage
We are proud to support staff with a competency framework that is designed to equip staff with the skills and knowledge to become effective managers and leaders.
This post has been identified as a role that will benefit from the training and you will be enrolled onto Level 1 of the Passport to Manage programme upon commencement with the Trust.
Please click here for further information about the Passport to Manage programme.
- To manage the booking of COVID-19 PCR test for patients and staff
- To manage the booking of Phlebotomy appointments for patients
Specific Core Functions
Outpatient Clinic Administration
- To manage the booking of COVID-19 PCR test for patients and staff
- To manager the booking of Phlebotomy appointments for patients
- Accurately record patient demographics on the COVID booking system.
- Accurately record patient demographics on the Phlebotomy booking system.
- Responsible for extracting reports and forwarding to the relevant department.
- Respond to calls promptly and professionally
- Assist those contacting the COVID and/or Phlebotomy line with general queries
- To escalate issues that impact on the department to a team leader/supervisor in a timely manner.
Trust Organisational Expectations
The post holder will:
- Proactively and positively contribute to the successful overall performance of the Trust.
- Deliver excellent levels of customer service to all patients/visitors and staff at the Trust.
- Develop effective ways of working and create strong partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders to support the implementation of the Government’s policies on Health.
- Develop an organisational culture that fosters collaborative working among all staff groups, to ensure a focused commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes.
- Act as an advocate for the Trust & its contribution to the Health Service arena through creating effective partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Comply with corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set out by the Trust.
- Support the Trust culture of collaborative, flexible cross-team working and commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes, which support the Government’s policies on public health
- If your employment is to a post that requires you to be registered with a professional body, the continuation of your employment is conditional upon you continuing to be registered with the appropriate professional body. The Trust will require evidence of current registration.
- In compliance with the Trust's practices and procedures associated with the control of infection, you are required to:
- Adhere to Trust Infection Control Policies assuring compliance with all defined infection control standards at all times.
- Conduct hand hygiene in accordance with Trust policy, challenging those around you that do not.
- Challenge poor practice that could lead to the transmission of infection.
Proactively, meaningfully and consistently demonstrate the Trust Values in your every day practice, decision making and interactions with patients and colleagues.
Shared Core Functions
- Proactively and positively contribute to the achievement of deliverables through individual and team effort. Manage the production of the required deliverables and control risks,
- Support team members to deliver on their functionally relevant objectives through offering advice, guidance and support as appropriate.
- Ensure that approved budgets are spent effectively and in accordance with agreed procedures
- Liaison with Senior Professionals and related functions to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated
- Build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the shared services as required
- Maintain and continuously improve specialist knowledge in an aspect of Health Service which significantly contributes to the Trust’s stated objectives & aims
- Establish and maintain strategic links with a range of external partners/stakeholders or manage the links made through the team. Engage with external partners/stakeholders to gain their necessary level of contribution & commitment to the successful delivery of your work.
- Undertake proactive horizon scanning for either developments relating to Trust work or opportunities for Trust involvement around health issues
- Increase the level of knowledge & skills within the Trust through documenting key learning and supporting others to develop their professional abilities.
- Dissemination of knowledge through engagement in report writing, and reviewing, taking full responsibility for technical accuracy and reliability and being sensitive to the wider implications of that dissemination.
- Ensure that expertise is seen as a resource within and outside the Trust and form working partnerships with government departments, national agencies and key stakeholders.
Develop structures, systems, ways of working and personal values that will support the Trusts sustainable development objectives with regard to issues such as Carbon reduction and waste minimization; and to encourage all stakeholders of the Trust to act as enthusiastic agents of change.
- GCSE in English and Math’s
- IT experience or qualifications.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven skills in use of Microsoft packages
- The ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to follow clear defined processes
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance competing priorities.
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
Working Together For Patients with Compassion as One Team Always Improving
Strategic approach (clarity on objectives, clear on expectations)
Relationship building (communicate effectively, be open and willing to help, courtesy, nurtures partnerships)
Personal credibility (visibility, approachable, back bone, courage, resilience, confidence, role model, challenge bad behaviour, manage poor performance, act with honesty and integrity)
Passion to succeed (patient centred, positive attitude, take action, take pride, take responsibility, aspire for excellence)
Harness performance through teams (champion positive change, develop staff, create a culture without fear of retribution, actively listen and value contribution, feedback and empower staff , respect diversity)
Job holders are required to act in such a way that at all times the health and well being of children and vulnerable adults is safeguarded. Familiarisation with and adherence to the Safeguarding Policies of the Trust is an essential requirement for all employees. In addition all staff are expected to complete essential/mandatory training in this area.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.