We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Band 8a Technical Project Manager to join the Portsmouth University Hospital Staff Bank, working within the IT team.
Portsmouth is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country. Joining the Staff Bank we can offer you a more flexible shift pattern, as well as the opportunities to work across different departments, gaining invaluable skills and experience.
This line of work will last for up to one year, working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
The successful applicant will play a leading Project Management role in the provision of the Trusts Telephone and Core upgrade programmes, providing effective, efficient support to IT technical resources, managing and coordinating technical projects for the IT department and liaising with other Portsmouth Hospitals University departments, and its partners.
- Co-ordinating the work of IT teams and external suppliers to plan and implement Trust-wide projects that deliver new and improved IT and ICT solutions.
- Liaising with resource managers to secure staff required to deliver work streams to those projects to deliver on time, within budget, and to meet quality criteria using PRINCE2 project methodology.
- Manage the delivery of departmental specific projects or interim solutions that support the wider objectives of the Trust in moving towards the strategic Telecoms and Core programmes as well as other technical projects.
- Acting as a champion for the department’s ITIL processes, providing professional guidance in and execution of Incident, Change, Release, Problem, Performance, and Availability Management.
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return of your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – enhanced pay rates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.