We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Communications Manager to join the Portsmouth Staff Bank at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Duties for a Senior Communications Manager include:
- Strategic communication and engagement advice to project teams.
- Development of communication and engagement strategy and plan.
- Delivery of internal and external communication plan with approaches designed for specific audiences using appropriate on and offline channels.
- Design and support for effective engagement of stakeholders, patients and the public to enable the delivery of benefits to patients, working with and through the Trust’s established routes, as well as bringing additional experience and innovation.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including media, local and regional partners and communities.
- Working with colleagues across the Trust maintain proactive relationships with key influencers associated with the programme of work such as local health overview and scrutiny committees and patient representative group
- Gathering, analysis and presentation of information to support programme and project objectives.
- Creation and production of communication and engagement materials, working with external agencies as needed.
- Coordination and participation in relevant internal and external working groups, providing project advice, information and analytical advice and support for delivery of project milestones.
- Collaboration across the Trust and with partners across local government; NHS commissioners and providers; and contractors to ensure a joined-up approach
- Collaboration with communication colleagues in the Trust to ensure that programme communications are an integral part of Trust and relevant partner communications.
- Partnering with others and as part of cross directorate teams to deliver successful outcomes to include leadership of communications workstream and indirect management of project teams.
- Identification, reporting and management of risk.
- Development and implementation of qualitative and quantitative measures to determine performance against the communications and engagement plans. Reporting progress against the plans.
- These responsibilities are not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the postholder.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continued professional development and national best practice within the communications sector.
- Extensive experience as a communications professional at a senior level in a large complex organisation
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in complex and challenging environments
- Experience of developing high-quality communications collateral
- Experience of events/workshop facilitation and management
- Experience of planning and delivering integrated communication programmes across a range of platforms
- Relevant post graduate qualification, CIPR diploma or equivalent
- Project management qualification
- Experience in successful management of communication associated with organisational and service change
- Experience of leading on challenging issues, to mitigate impact on the Trust’s reputation, anticipating, advising and producing key statements and briefing materials
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return of your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – enhanced pay rates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly. If you require further information then please contact the Portsmouth Staff Bank Recruitment Team on 0333 577 3316.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.