Position : Surgical Division Patient Pathway Co-ordinator (APPC)
Salary/Band: Band 3
Location: North Middlesex Hospital
Hours: 37.5 per week
Responsible to: Service Manager General Surgery
Accountable to: Deputy Service Manager General Surgery
Key Working Relationships: Service based
The role of a Pathway co-ordinator is to provide a comprehensive and effective administrative service to support the smooth and efficient running of the General Surgery. This includes:
- Supportingthe proactive management of the patient pathway from referral to discharge, ensuring the entire pathway is managed smoothly.
- Dealing with telephone and face to face queries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Validation of the 18 week pathway
- Monitoring incoming referrals for the trust and ensuring all innapropriate referrals are dealt with in the correct manner.
- Liase with General Surgery Managers on a daily basis ensuring capacity is provided.
You will work as part of an administration support team for the services and import all referrals for the General Surgery. You will need to be able to prioritise your workload and take directives from Management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and provide a professional level of customer service for the department.
- Respond to enquiries in a friendly, professional and courteous manner, resolving issues where possible or escalating to an appropriate team member when required.
- Communicate effectively and use appropriate interpersonal skills with people both internally and externally, maintaining the professional reputation of the Trust and department at all times.
- Portraying a professional image, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Be aware of the 18 week pathway and adhere to trust policies.
- To continuously contribute to the progression and development of the chosen department through the provision of a high quality service.
The post holder will be expected to complete all mandatory training provided.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.