Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
We are seeking experienced and motivated Operational Buyer to join the Portsmouth Staff Bank at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Duties for Operational Buyerinclude:
- Proactively and positively contribute to the successful overall performance of the Trust.
- Deliver excellent levels of customer service to all patients/visitors and staff at the Trust.
- Act as an advocate for the Trust & its contribution to the Health Service arena through creating and maintaining effective partnerships and relationships with staff, patients and the general public.
- Develop and support the Trust culture of collaborative, flexible cross-team working and commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes, which maintain the Governments policies on public health.
- Work with sensitivity and an understanding of the issues facing those working to deliver health services to the UK population.
- Comply with corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set out by the Trust.
- Develop effective ways of working and create strong partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders to support the implementation of the Government’s policies on Health.
- If your employment is to a post that requires you to be registered with a professional body, the continuation of your employment is conditional upon you continuing to be registered with the appropriate professional body. The Trust will require evidence of current registration
- In compliance with the Trust's practices and procedures associated with the control of infection, you are required to:
- Adhere to Trust Infection Control Policies assuring compliance with all defined infection control standards at all times.
- Protect patients, staff and visitors from infection by performing hand hygiene when entering or leaving clinical areas and after each contact with a patient or patient’s equipment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- NVQ 3 in Supply Chain Management or Level 2 of CIPS
- Good general standard of education including Mathematics and English Language
- Knowledge of procurement department procedures for catalogue management gained through on the job training.
- Level 4 of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent procurement experience
- Experience of using a procure to pay system e.g. Oracle
- Working knowledge of public sector procurement processes
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return of your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – enhanced payrates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please note this postion will take place at:
- Hedge End until wk 8th June
- Gloucester House (QAH) wk 15th June
- Manor court (Segensworth) wk 22nd June onwards
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly. If you require further information then please contact the Portsmouth Staff Bank Recruitment Team on 0333 577 3316.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.