We are seeking an experienced and motivated Operational Buyer to join the Portsmouth Staff Bank.
This role will be based in Segensworth with free car parking! The hours are 5 days a week 8am-4pm.
The main purpose of this role is:
- To ensure that an effective and efficient day to day eProcurement service is provided to end users within the client base served. To make sure that all catalogues are processed correctly and usage trends quickly spotted and cost saving achieved, creating low level pricing agreements.
- To act as an ambassador for the department, influence end user’s choice of products and make sure all queries and complaints are dealt with in a professional and positive way.
- Ensure the successful implementation and management of the electronic ordering system
Required Skills & Experience:
- NVQ 3 in Supply Chain Management or Level 2 of CIPS
- Good general standard of education including Mathematics and English Language
- Knowledge of procurement department procedures for catalogue management gained through on the job training.
- Level 4 of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent procurement experience
- Experience of using a procure to pay system e.g. Oracle
- Working knowledge of public sector procurement processes
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return for your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – enhanced payrates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly. If you require further information then please contact the Portsmouth Staff Bank Recruitment Team on 0333 577 3316.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.